Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kanebo Freshel Moist BB Cream

I'm happy to be one of the participants that got a chance to use and review the Kanebo Freshel BB Cream. I was pretty excited about it so I went to collect yesterday! (that's that first day that they distributed the product) Just to share more about the BB Cream, there are actually 2 types that's available: the moisturizing one (brown packaging) and the whitening one (silver packaging). For me, I'd prefer the moisturizing one, so I've picked that.
The Kanebo Freshel Moist Lift BB Cream!
Usually you won't see me putting up photos of me without makeup or photoshop. Just for this review, you'll get to see that :P For the following photo, I've not edited it except for lighting, text and highlighting portion.

I don't have such a clear face as of now, so I'd need to use things like concealer and stuff like that. If you've noticed, there are a few highlighted areas of the photo where you will see my blemish scars remains...

After using the Freshel BB Cream, there's this little "illusion" type of feeling where the scars and blemish becomes less obvious. The feeling of applying the cream is really super smooth, and it just glides through the face, in fact, it's even smoother than when I'm applying my moisturizer. Pretty amazing I felt.

Actually, I also have another L'egere BB Cream that came along with a mineral loose powder last time, and I think the Freshel one is more undervalued! Haha.. The main difference between the two is that Freshel really have more coverage as compared to the L'egere one, and it has a more matte effect and yet it looks quite glowing. Plus, it really have the skin color corrector effect as my nose is a little less red as compared to the before photo. With a touch of the gel blusher, it looks almost completed.

The only downside is that for some of the darker freckles, and areas, it can't really cover. Comparing to my foundation, the BB Cream already had almost the same effect. Which means a lazy girl like me can probably get to skip 1 step. Haha.. (Makeup Base + Foundation -> BB Cream only).

It also come with SPF 23 which is higher than the SPF 15 of my moisturizer. So SPF 23 + SPF 15 = ? Well, of course, it's still SPF 23. Because, it's not meant to be added this way, my skin protection will at most get the highest SPF but not in a accumulative manner. :P

Lastly, the moisturizing BB Cream is indeed moisturizing, unlike my concealer which becomes dry and flaky pretty fast, this one doesn't. Perhaps, it's due to the 3 moisturizing ingredients it has: Adhesive Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid and Silk Essence.

Before I went out of my house, I just added some concealer and loose powder, as well as, usual my eye shadow. Then, I really had to rush out as I'm running late for my appointment today. So one of my New Year Resolution is to be punctual.

Tip for additional coverage: Just dab more of the BB Cream at the areas that needs more coverage. But if the areas are too dark or something, just use a concealer (that's supposed to be the concealer's job). It's only a BB Cream, so at most it'll work as well as a makeup base + foundation, don't expect it to do too much miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...