Friday, July 15, 2011

Body Shop - Liquid Eyeliner

Was using this particular eyeliner for about half a year previously. It's probably towards the last quarter of 2010 that I've started using it. Hence, it's actually the first eyeliner which I've ever used myself on a regular basis. It was pretty easy to draw I should say. As it's a liquid eyeliner so the moment you draw, you'll see a line there. The only thing is that although drawing is easy but to draw a nice looking eyeline was pretty challenging initially...
My first eyeline drawing training was from a friend whom drew pretty nice looking eye makeup. After which, I've been struggling for a while and had rather crooked eyelines until I met my personal image consultant. With the simple technique, it helps in making the entire drawing process very easy.

Initially, I thought I'm supposed to draw 1 eye at a time and due to my genes, I can only blink my right eye, so it's pretty challenging closing 1 eye and drawing it. Then, she taught me that I can actually hold my eyelid with my hand and just draw a straight line across. That makes things a lot easier than before. So far, actually, I only draw it on my upper eyelid as that's the short cut that I've figured out, due to the color and the line effect, it's better off just drawing the upper eyelid and if needed use the normal pencil eyeliner for the lower eyelid. Most of the time, drawing the upper eyelid will achieve a similar effect. :X

So far, this eyeliner serves me pretty well except that it smudged pretty easily so I need to keep rubbing off the excess makeup off around the lower eyelid. It's said to be smudge resistant but personally, I don't think so. It dries slower and smudges within 1 - 2 hours of application. Don't ever cry and pray that it doesn't rain otherwise, it'll make me a panda haha.. and hence, I began my search for a waterproof eyeliner....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...