Monday, May 23, 2011

Shu Uemura - Under Base Mousse & Foundation

Shu Uemura - UV under base mousse &
Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation
After the counter sales girl first helped me applied the makeup, I find the coverage of the foundation pretty amazing as it works almost like concealer. Yup, it was that good. The only issue is that, after getting a set to use myself, it seems like I can't quite achieve similar effects somehow. Perhaps it's the skills that I lacked.

The UV under base mousse (aka makeup base) is pretty smooth and easy to apply. It helps in getting the foundation to stay I guess. But perhaps due to the different brand of loose powder in use, so far, most of the foundation stayed except for the nose area. It does help in making the foundation easier to apply. :)

As for the foundation, it does the coverage job pretty well and had always been my substitute concealer but usually I think I applied too much and it ended up being cakey. With the help of the sponge which my best friend gave me, it does help in the blending in of the makeup and makes the effect smoother as the excess does gets absorbed by the sponge. 

Sometimes, it's just me being lazy in the many steps required that I tend to skip some of them. 

Overall rating: 4 out of 5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...