Saturday, September 5, 2026

Ruyi | Retinol & Vitamin C Essence

This is fairly similar to the Lucenbase ones, usually sold at higher pricing though. I got it at a good price (better pricing to Lucenbase) to try it out to see the difference. 
The transparent ones is Vitamin C and milky ones is Retinol. 

The vitamin C content feels much stronger, not recommended to use directly after toner, we should buffer it with hydraulic acid, Astragalus essence or recombinant collagen essence first before applying. (Which means I will need more essence if I use this = higher price). I tried to use directly the first time and I feel slight tingling feeling and itchiness on my face (I think I have sensitive / fragile skin). With buffer, it works fine. 

The vitamin A part is alright though, it feels more gentle and can be used directly.

Rating: 3 out of 5. Because it would incur more cost if I continue use it after I ran out of the Astragalus essence. I can't use it with Astaxanthin Essence for sure as it definitely would make my skin worse off (due to the slight allergy mentioned in an earlier post).

Lazada official Ruyi store link: RUYI | Anti-Aging Collagen VC Essence (Best price per piece is to buy 120 pieces - 4 boxes at their offcial store, not other stores. Wait for the price to go below $50 to ~$4x to buy, $3x pricing is pretty rare, I only saw it once hence my purchase)

Shopee link: Ruyi whitening essence (different name but is the same product) - $1x per box of 30pcs, good for trying due to lower single box pricing but Lazada is cheaper if you buy more.

Verdict: only get it if you are after higher potency product and is willing to spend on the extra products required to support the usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment